Cyclone v.0.2 issues with MIDI
This is my 2nd post. Here is my 1st one about Copy/Paste - Duplicate - Move Weird behavior with an introduction to my MDR-E+ project (MIDI).
This one is about the Cyclone external issues with MIDI.
Cyclone v.0.2 (stopped at Beta stage) in Purr Data 2.9.0 with Pure Data Vanilla 0.48.0 engine This dinosaur has a lot of bugs, it's completely outdated and just 'compatible' with the old Max v.4.0. Its developers have written among other things on Git: 'Purr Data still carries the outdated Cyclone 0.2 release (which on its own is not yet fully ported either to Purr Data).' This could explain a good portion of the MIDI issues I'm facing to with the current version of Purr Data.
Cyclone v.0.3 / This release needs at least Pd Vanilla 0.49-0 Still on Git, they have written: 'Cyclone 0.3 was the major overhaul in cyclone, which got updated to the latest Max 7 version (Max 7.3.5). Many bugs were also fixed, the documentation was rewritten from scratch and new objects were included. Here's the aftermath:
- 62 updated objects;
- 65 fixed objects (including updated objects);
- 40 new objects;
- Newly written documentation' It's really great when you are dealing with MIDI projects.
- Cyclone v.0.4 current release / This release needs at least Pd Vanilla 0.50-0 Still on Git they have written: '- fixed a 0.3 regression bug (this was ok in 0.2) where an annoying 'couldn't unbind' error was printed by [mousestate]
- fixed a bug where [comment] was loading arguments wrongly
- fixed the way [comment] should save unexpanded receive symbols
- fixed a bug in [unjoin] where it did output an empty selector
- Thanks to the new [pdcontrol] object from 0.50.0, buffer~ can now load files relative to its owner patch.
- To conform with the latest Max versions that do not allow capital letters in object names anymore, the alias for capital letters have been removed. The last version of cyclone still included capital letters for backwards compatibility but with a note that this was being phased out. So if you still have capital letters, you should change to lower case. The affected objects and how they must be instantiated now are: cyclone/append (); bucket; cyclone/clip (); decode; histo; mousestate; peak; cyclone/table (); togedge; trough; uzi; cyclone/clip~ (); cyclone/line~ (); scope~; cyclone/snapshot~ () (*) these classes need the 'cyclone/' prefix to avoid name clashes with vanilla internals - see help file for more information.
Question: What is the forecast, if any, for moving towards Cyclone v.0.3 or 0.4 in Purr Data?